Re: TR6 Question -- Floor Replacement -- 6 Pack

To: <Jltr6@aol.com>, <davjohnston55@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Question -- Floor Replacement -- 6 Pack
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:54:35 -0600
 Personally I had no problems removing the body from the frame then replacing
the pans. It was a heck of a lot easier this way than w/ the body on the
frame. As you could get to everything w/o working around the frame.
  My inner sills were in good shape and the outer sills were weak. I was
careful to leave as much of the inner sill as possible so the structure wasn't
compromised. I also had 1.5 inch angle iron at the door openings for bracing
and removed all bolt on panels before the body was hoisted off. On the inner
sill the lip that was welded to the pan was cut off, leaving most of the sill
in place.
  Once the pans were replaced, the body was put back on the frame and gaps
were rechecked and the body was shimmed to get the door gaps right. Every
frame mount lined up to the body perfect.
  I roughly outline the procedure on the link below. If you inner sills are
very weak this might not work, you'll have to decide that for yourself. By the
way the pan fit was pretty darn good.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My restoration @ (http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)