Re: what year to buy - front suspension points

To: Alan & Debbie Lindner <theedge@cts.com>
Subject: Re: what year to buy - front suspension points
From: Terry Geiger <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:14:35 -0600 (CST)
Here's the article that describes the problem:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/tr46-front-susp.html

Look in the 9th paragraph.

The procedure is very well detailed (including pictures) in Roger Williams new
book on Restoring the TR250/TR6.

TRF sells a kit.  I believe Moss sells one as well.  The earlier cars have
smaller lower front suspension brackets welded to the frame.  Later cars have
larger brackets that have more attached area to the frame.  The gusset kit
supplements the earlier brackets and are welded to the gusset and frame.  Many
people simply remove the early bracket and install the later bracket instead
of adding the gussets.

Terry Geiger