Re: TR250/4A sidemarkers

To: "6Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR250/4A sidemarkers
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:58:31 -0000
Ye gods, you guys are stretching my memory banks!!!! Let's try and start with
the 4A.
US spec versions had white front flashers and red rears. The sidelights
(running lights) on each front wing had a yellow repeater flasher *I think.*
Certainly, on UK and all other export markets, the indicators were yellow,
front and rear. A hazard warning system was not a factory fit on the 4A for
any market.
For TR250, my original factory press pix (b&w) suggest yellow front flashers,
red rears and a front side repeater in yellow with a white running light lens.
The red light on the side of each rear  wing was wired in to the running
lights circuit and did not flash.
For TR5 however, it was yellow in common with all indicator systems and did
flash. This was a mandatory requirement for Italy and it was made effective
for all markets except North America.
TR250 and TR5 both had hazard warning systems as factory fit but they only
worked on the front indicators and all side repeaters for TR5, though for
TR250 this did not apply for the red rear side repeaters. ope this helps

Jonmac