Re: Undercoating question

To: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@dowtyenterprises.com>
Subject: Re: Undercoating question
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:39:35 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Ronald A. Dowty wrote:

> I'm working toward getting my bodywork done and had some questions about
> what's recommended for or in place of undercoating for a daily driver. I
> read in one of my restoration books that was specific to Triumph's that
> undercoating wasn't recommended for restorations but it seems like I'd be in
> bad shape without something down there (under the fenders). What options or
> alternatives do I have?

Most paint can be mixed with "stone guard". I would suggest this if you
want body color on the underside of the car. There are other coverings,
but with some of them you loose the body color (if that's an issue for
you).

Check with your local paint supply for stone guard and if your chosen
paint brand has stone guard available.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |