Re:Trailing arms

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Trailing arms
From: Jeff Johnson <mondoluxe@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 00:37:38 -0500
To add more fuel to this discussion,
When I had my trailing arms off last year to rebush, one had a Sept. '75
date, ( close to date of manufacture), the other said May of
1975.   Somewhat more proof that the factory used what was on hand at the
time the car went down the line. Dribbled on looks about right. Looks like
someone used a mig or tig welder and handwrote the date of casting on the
arm. I had not noticed these dates before, but then again,  when I took the
arms off, they looked as though they had been undercoated from all the tar
that they had picked up over the years. I took them to a friend who had
them walnut shell blasted-and then I P/C'd them clear. Thanks and a tip of
the hat to Fred Thomas. They now look as I remember them as I drove my new
car off the showroom floor-Beautiful, shiny, aluminium trailing arms.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6
slooooowly being rebuilt