Re: Trailing arm- date of manufacture

To: <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Trailing arm- date of manufacture
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 10:13:30 -0500
Peter Macholdt  asked:

> Anybody have a clue where on the arms this info might be? The only info
> I found on the arms is:

The dates are kind of hard to miss (unless you used a grinding wheel to
clean up the arms) as the numbers are each about 2" high, and on the side of
the trailing arm.  They seem to be "dribbled" on the arm, as the numbers
stand proud of the casting, rather than being etched in.

FWIW, the dates of casting on my arms are about a week apart, but both are
within 3 weeks of the manufacture date of my car.  Testament to the British
transport system to be able to move stuff from one company to another?

Shane Ingate in Maryland