Re: I'm looking for rear swaybar construction plans

To: hurls@world.std.com
Subject: Re: I'm looking for rear swaybar construction plans
From: "Shane Ingate" <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 18:26:18 -0500
Jim Hurley wrote:

>Revington TR in England offers an above the trailing arm  bar, but it is
>pricey. I believe that Shane Ingate is  using  this bar, but maybe not yet.

As much as I would like to try Neil's setup, at $1000 for the front and rear
bars and rod-ends, I'm not likley to.  I'm not committed to any system
so far, but I will *not* be using the Addco's because of their well-known
property of occupying valuable road clearance.  Mike Munson's setup
of using Torsion bars as sway-bars is a nice, economical approach, and will
stiffen up the springs (which are still too soft at 410 lb-in).  But
then I may even bend my own out of 6150 and use rod-ends.

The rear sway-bar design in Kastener's book will not work  "over-the-diff",
as the bar ends have to angle out rather than inwards, in order to avoid
fouling
the body.  A minor point, though.

Shane Ingate in Maryland