Re: More about the GUN$T

To: <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: More about the GUN$T
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:52:07 -0500
Dick Taylor wrote:

> For the Sunday driver that puts on only a couple thousand miles a year,
> the extra $100 would seem overpriced.  As Bob said, why pay this much for
> a $40 part?  We shouldn't have to. At some point, frustration can set
> in, and then the extra cost could seem worth it.

Dick, I would contend that logic would set in long before frustration.  I
would happily fork over an extra $100 to avoid having to pull the clutch
again.  Most Sunday drivers will also see this logic when faced with a $800
bill from their trusted mechanic to pull and revamp the clutch.

I've forgotten which Triumphisti said this (Dick?), but the path to Triumph
Nirvana is to fix things when broken or are about to break.  If the part
breaks prematurely, re-engineer it!

Shane Ingate in Maryland, catching up on the digests.