Re: TR250 Valve lift and Rocker ratio lift vs cam lift

To: <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 Valve lift and Rocker ratio lift vs cam lift
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 11:00:19 -0500
Don Malling wrote:

> Is there any problem with 1.65:1 rockers assuming I get the "right" cam.

The way it has been explained to me is that the higher ratio 1.65:1 rockers
and well-selected cam will give you that extra 0.1 sec per lap, at the
expense of increased wear on your cam lobe, relative to an equivalently-well
selected 1.55:1 RR and cam.

So yeah, if you *need* to win that race, and don9t mind going through the
motor every year, you *need* the higher ratio.

Good post, Don.

Shane Ingate in Maryland (where we have 8" of snow on the ground)