Re: TR6 PI

To: StangGuy67@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 PI
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:12:08 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 StangGuy67@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/2/2002 3:11:54 PM Central Standard Time,
> erik@midwestfilter.com writes:
>
> > Here in Chicago my PI equipped TR6 runs lean in winter and rich in
> > summer... unless I make appropriate adjustments. The Lucas system is
> > technically "sequential multi-port injection", but this simple open loop
> > mechanical system is primitive compared to a modern electronic system.
> >
> > I love it. ;{)
> >

> I'm in Chicago right now, waiting for my flight info. Things are running 2
> hours behind at O Hare-I can't wait until I get back to LA, and my
> dirty-running, riched-out TR6 (with the top down, of course).
>
> This white stuff on the ground is a hindrance to the TR's cornering
> capabilities!

Nonsense. You just have to be a bit more judiscious with the controls.

Finesse is the word!

There's nothing like going through an intersection with the back fully
stepped out in a left turn. Seeing that you are looking right at the cars
queued at the light waiting - but through your windshield (as opposed to
the sidelights). And the passengers are usually saying something like "Oh
- a SHIP!".

:-0

> Kraig Griffiths
>
> Gurnee, IL, soon to be back in Woodland Hills, CA
>
> 74 TR6

rml
snowy, cold Boston.
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |