TR Times, part III

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR Times, part III
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:17:33 -0700 (PDT)
List---Cutting straight to the chase, here's what the Triumph Six engine
seems to be capable of turning in the quarter mile. These numbers are
from the formula used to determine times "from the bench". They do not
consider, as stated earlier, factors such as driver competance, gearing,
and coefficiency of  drag. We will assume to be proficient in leaving
the gate, getting thru a few gear changes, and the Cd is better with the
top on, or at least, up.

These numbers come from using what I consider to be the average 2500 lb.
test weight of a stock-bodied TR6. The TR250 is reported to be slightly
lighter, while the later TR6, heavier.

H.P.     E.T.    M.P.H.

150     14.88     92

160     14.60     94

170     14.30     96

180     14.00     97

200     13.80    101

400     10.70     127

I threw in the last one to show what was claimed from an otherwise
"stock" TR6, running with Nitrous Oxide. I'll leave it up to you to
determine where such gas was inhaled.

A well prepared body set up for racing could have a test weight of 2,000
lb. and a reliable engine running   180 hp.  Plugging this weight
reduction into the formula, it shows that one might expect the
following:
E.T.     M.P.H.

13.00     105

Some fun, eh?!