Fwd: Re: 10 Sec ET TR6 Pics

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: 10 Sec ET TR6 Pics
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
I saw this car run at TRF last summer.  Quick, yes.  But 10 seconds,
definitely not!  The best I saw was a run in the 15s, maybe high 14s.
The best part was watching him get off the line...the whole body flexed
in the middle, it was clearly visible to onlookers!  Yikes.  I think he
got 3 runs in before something broke.

I would think that a TR6 of stock weight would need well over 300hp to
run a 10 second 1/4 mile.  And I don't see anyone getting that kind of
power out of the Triumph engine, even with turbos, nitrous, etc.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6