Re: wiper switch (was dpo revival)

To: eric_myracle@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: wiper switch (was dpo revival)
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:58:35 EDT
Eric-On the 72 and earlier cars that use the rocker type, most of the Clear
Hooters wiper switches have expired and have been replaced by a Lucas switch.
The replacement I got from TRF, can't be wired to turn off and park in the
mid position. If you are looking at the back of the switch with the top up,
there are 3 terminals on the left and 2 on the right.
It is wired as follows: top left-green, bot left-R/LG. Top right-U/LG, mid
right-vacant, bot right-N/LG. I used the color code found in most manuals and
the Moss catalog. When the switch is wired like this, off&park is at the top,
mid is low, and bot is high.
Hope this solves your problem.
Berry