220 Horse TR6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: 220 Horse TR6
From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:20:12 -0700 (PDT)
List,

   Everyone should take a minute to realize that we (the US) got the shaft. You
SHOULD be able to take a TR6 engine, modifly it to make 150 (crankshaft)
horsepower, and go run it at 5,800 RPM (later model 6's) all day long. In
theory the factory tested this. It's not magic. These engines are pretty tough.
The guy with Nitrus has turned a 10 second ET, and he swears that the bottom
end of the engine is stock. The key there is that he had a built racing engine
at home and he really didn't care if it came apart.

  By the way, anyone that wants to spend about $3,000 to go really fast should
look into a 100cc ar 125cc go kart. I drove one today for the first time, and
it is the fastest thing I have ever driven in my life!! the accerlertion isn't
blinding(I only drove a 100), but the turning and braking is! I believe that a
go kart has the fastest lap time at Mid Ohio...that what I remember, but I
could be wrong.

Ryan Miles