Re: Lucas Battery on eBay (interesting)

To: vinkg@fleishman.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas Battery on eBay (interesting)
From: Trsx69@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:37:18 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/02 10:07:35 AM, vinkg@fleishman.com writes:

<< I'm wondering if Lucas really made the battery, or simply sold one from
another manufacturer with its own labeling? I can't imagine it was
cost-effective to ship "Lucas" batteries from the UK to the U.S.

When you buy a "Mazda" battery from a dealer, for example, it's a blank
battery -- presumably made in the U.S. -- on which the dealer applies the
Mazda labels.

re it lasting five years, that's good ... but not unprecedented.

Graham >>

The Lucas batterys were not just "labeled", the vent lid is molded with
"Lucas Pacemaker".  As far as cost, what about all the other smaller less
expensive things they sent here?  Didn't say it was unprecedented, but
typical of any 5 year battery made by any manufacturer.  Lucas didn't make
everything crappy.  Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Best regards
Jim Holewka