Re: Dimmer Knob

To: John.Griffiths@uregina.ca
Subject: Re: Dimmer Knob
From: "DAVID MAHLMEISTER" <dmahlmeister@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
John,
If I remember right my knob had a small spring loaded
pin on the shaft of the dimmer.  I didn't know it at
the time and pryed it off with a lot of force.  This
was a few years back so the details are a little fuzzy.
 If you can see between the knob and the dash look for
a little pin hole and slide in something small enough
to retract the pin.

Dave Mahlmeister
72 tr6

On Mon, 17 June 2002, John Griffiths wrote

> Hi Folks:
>
> With the confidence instilled in me through Dan
Masters' book I took my
> dash out yesterday to reveal what Octagon in
Vancouver had labelled a
> "rat's nest". Thankyou, Dan! Thankyou as well to
those who suggested
> the book. Actually the tangle is not bad and I've
labelled every
> free wire. I now have the heater fan and flashers up
and running. Still
> waiting for a new 6 point ignition switch. One goal
is to make a new
> wooden dash and I'll do that this week. BUT I cannot
determine how to
> get the dimmer control knob off the dimmer itself.
Seeing no pin, I
> assume one simply pulls but...
>
> Can anyone advise?
>
> Thanks.
>
> John
>
> '73 TR6, '80 Honda CB 900 Custom bike, '96 Volvo 850
Turbo...

http://www.peoplepc.com