TR6 Alternator

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <gatriumph@gatriumph.com>
Subject: TR6 Alternator
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:11:48 -0400
Listers,

After a lot of strange looks from parts people and help from Jay Welch
and Dick Taylor, I have successfully changed over to a replacement
alternator. With my headlights on and the AC on the voltmeter is reading
12.5 volts! It hasn't read that high with all accessories off since
about 1985!

 I purchased it from Autozone here in Atlanta, Duralast brand Part
#13107. It is a rebuilt Bosch and has a limited lifetime warranty.
I just asked for a Bosch alt. for a 78-80 Ford Fiesta with AC.

The only thing that was different was the bracket bolt on top. It was
metric. Everything else lined right up.

Thanks guys , the "List" comes through again!

Mike Munson
Snellville Ga.
70-6 Racecar
73-6