Re: brake booster rebuild

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake booster rebuild
From: "Eric Myracle" <eric_myracle@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 15:54:19 -0400
Mark -

Thanks, I'll check the master cylinder.  But I KNOW I read somewhere
that it's very common for the booster to go bad and suck fluid into
the intake manifold.  And, get this:  when I bought the car the vacuum
line serving the booster was severely kinked at the connection to the
intake manifold, giving me a very stiff brake pedal.  Brake fluid
consumption at that time was existent but not severe.  I replaced the
vacuum line a few weeks ago.  I now have more confidence inspiring
brakes, but I have to add fluid every 2 weeks ago.  This is what made
me suspect the booster.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Eric