wheelboxes

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: wheelboxes
From: Ben Heller <ben.heller@gses.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:18:40 -0400
I bought a pair of windscreen wheelboxes from TRF for my 73 TR-6 and when I
went to install them I could not get the wiper motor cable to go through the
wheelbox without binding up quite a bit when it hit the gear. I then took
the wheelboxes out of the car and tried to push the cable through the gear
and found that it was very tight. I tried the same test with the old
wheelboxes and the wheelboxes moved smoothly. I ended up putting my old
wheelboxes back in the car.

I called TRF and they mentioned that they have had problems with them and to
bend the "tab" out so the cable will move more freely. You can't move it too
far or the cable will not move the gear.

Also, a stud broke off the new wheelbox and I had to weld it back in. I
think TRF should test their wheelboxes before sending them out.

Has anyone else had problems?

Thanks,

Ben Heller
73 TR-6