Re: Top Dead Center

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Top Dead Center
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 16:00:28 -0400
Peter,

The bolt threads into the spark plug hole, hence it contacts the piston on
its upward stroke (no direct contact with the crank).

The crank is symmetrical.  The center point of the con rods, where they
attach to the crank, turn in a perfect circle.

I second Dick's opinion.  Great way to find TDC with the head on.  To bad
you still have to take it off to fit a new cam.

Peter
'68 TR250