Re: choke cable

To: "Bernie" <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: choke cable
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:32:36 -0500
> Hi everyone
> does anyone have any suggestions as how to shorten the forward
> carburetor choke cable, here is my problem, the forward choke
> cable has such high arc to it that it rubs against the underside of
> the hood, needless to say this causes havoc on my paint job , as
> always thank you in advance for all help received
> Bernie

Mark the choke cable at the length you want it, remove the cable and take it
to a bicycle shop that does bicycle repair.  They will be able to shorten
the cable to the length you desire without altering the appearance of the
end.

I've always wondered why the replacement choke cables are absurdly long.
Answer probably is simple, like that it is cheaper to cut one length of
cable than two individual lengths.

Kai