More on brakes --- drum thickness

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on brakes --- drum thickness
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:07:58 -0500
Thanks to all who responded about minimum rotor thickness.  Dick Taylor
advised that new rotors are about 0.5 inches thick.  Several advised that the
rotors are marked on the inside stating that the minimum thickness is 0.45
inches. I have two sets of rotors in the workshop.  The set I was working on
is unmarked and ~ 0.47 inches thick.  The other set is marked and ~ 0.51
inches thick with a bit a rust.  Think I'll used the thick ones on this job.

Next question:  What is the spec on turning the drums?   Is there a maximum
inside diameter or minimum wall thickness?

Nelson Riedel
Granville, Ohio
'68TR250, '76TR6, '70TR6 (project)