74 TR6 Paint

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 TR6 Paint
From: vhalstead@linkline.com
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:48:23 GMT
Can anyone help me?

When I purchased my 74 TR6 in 1977, the rear end trunk panel (where tail
lights are)
was painted black. The rest of the car is red. I want to paint my car and in
so doing,
want to be sure it will be the same specs as original from the factory.
Here's my
questions: 1) Did the previous owner paint the panel black, or did the
factory? what was
original, red or black? I suspect the car was entirely red.  2) I think the
red color was
Carmine Red. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed a factory original color
name for 74's?
It is a deep red, like a maroon, but brighter. 3) The seats and door panels
are brown with
brown carpet. The brown is medium like a saddle color. Anyone know the name
of the interior colors?

Any answers, info, or referrals on these questions would be so appreciated!
Thanks.

Virginia
1974 TR6
vhalstead@linkline.com