Re: '76 TR6 Trailing Arm brackets

To: "conrade2" <conrade2@msn.com>
Subject: Re: '76 TR6 Trailing Arm brackets
From: "Bob" <bthomas@ripnet.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:44:50 -0500
Eric,

   I experienced the same extreme negative camber (2-3') at my rear tires
following a complete front and rear suspension rebuild that included new
trailing arm bushings and (stock spec.) springs.   I tried taller rear
springs and aluminum spacers to reduce the degree of negative camber, but
neither made any noticeable difference, so I reversed the trailing arm
brackets on each wheel to have the three notch bracket (up) outside and the
one notch bracket (up) inside.

   This brought the rear camber back into spec according to the Bently
manual I have ( 1' negative,+ or - 1/2' with 2 in the car ) which reduced
"bottoming out" and improved the handling during spirited driving.   Part of
this improvement could also have come from the rear shock conversion kit
(from BPNW) that I installed at the same time.

   Perhaps some of the "listers" who are set up for high performance would
have different advice, but this worked for me using a basically stock
suspension with 205 - 70 x 15 Pirelli P4000 tires on stock rims.

Bob Thomas
'75 TR6 CF 29889U