Re: Panasport Offset- Update

To: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Panasport Offset- Update
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:26:11 -0500
FYI Update: I called Chuck at KSpeed, and he said that they sell the 15x6
with 10mm offset and the 15x7 with zero.  My 15x6 are 10mm offset, which is
what they have been selling for years as the standard TR6 fitment and stock
my wheel exclusively to fit TR6s.  The limiting factor is the front
suspension, rear upper control arm clearance.

As the rear trailing arm suspension changes camber and tucks into the wheel
arch while under load, I'm making the assumption that my rubbing issue is
only fully-laden at speed and/or bump, partially due to the bubble sidewall
profile of my chosen tire, as it's only minor tire rubbing and not at the
top of the tire.  There is plenty of clearance at rest.

That's where I ordered them too, but I think mine may be .10 offset.  My
thanks to you, Bob Lang and others for the info.

At 10:45 AM 1/31/02 -0800, you wrote:
>I ordered my 15x6 Panasports from K Speed, and they told me the offset
>is zero.
>

>--- William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net> wrote:
> > Does anyone out there running "regular replacement" Panasports (15x6)
> > know
> > what the offset is for their wheels?  I ordered a set last year and
> > had a
> > little tire rub in the rear with 205s, so I want to check to make
> > sure I
> > received the correct wheels.  There is a sticker on the backside of
> > the
> > wheel with model number and other data including offset.  Thanks.
> >

> > William Whitmoyer
> > 69 TR6
> > 90 BMW iX
> > 91 CRX Si
>Great stuff seeking new owners in Yahoo! Auctions!
>http://auctions.yahoo.com

William Whitmoyer
69 TR6
90 BMW iX