Re: Problem Accessing Mr Zimerman's page

To: Ken Davis <ken.davis@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Problem Accessing Mr Zimerman's page
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:48:11 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Ken Davis wrote:

> The last couple of months, have, shall we say, been a bitch; lost my cable
> connection with @home, lost 1 hard drive, bought another, lost it, on the
> 3rd... and I've lost all my links, both triumph and "other" in the process.
> I'm going through the find and add routine, and I located the TR6 page he
> maintains at MIT.   but -- when I try to access it I get a 403 Forbidden
> error;  - the link is below...   is it me? or is it MIT's security?

It ain't you and it ain't MIT Security (I could be considered an authority
on that topic owing to MIT being my employer). JB has "left the fold" at
MIT (rumor was that he got a real job!) and his account was most likely
deactivated in the recent bulk account deactivation that took place
roughly 2 weeks ago.

I can't say if the site will ever come back or not, I have no idea what
JB had for backups. If someone is desperate to run the site from another
resource, I could probably coax a backup of the files through the Athena
server operations folks...

> http://www.mit.edu/people/zimerman/tr6.html
>

> and I won't even mention the 1000+ emails waiting, including a goodly stack
> of TR6 mail....

I can't touch this except to say "don't be afraid to delete them".

> Thanks,
>
> Ken
> South San Francisco
>
> 73 '6

regards,
rml
                       ^
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |