Convertible top frame

To: 6-pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Convertible top frame
From: John Uloth <juloth@tir.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:48:30 -0500
I am working on my top frame for the TR6. I am replacing some of the
bolts to see if I can make it a little tighter. Along with replacing the
velcro on the side frame or cantrail as it is called in the TRF spare
parts catalogue.
        My question is , Should the header rail(GM46) on the front of the top
be loose where it attaches to the front cantrail assembly(GM24). There
is a big rivit(GM47) that attaches the two together, but I don't know
how tight the rivet should be. My header rail seems to flop around quite
a bit. What is normal.
Thanks
John Uloth
'74 TR6