More TR6 Tire and Wheel Stuff

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: More TR6 Tire and Wheel Stuff
From: info@theyeagergroup.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:23:37 -0800
Thanks for all the responses. The consensus is:

For the stock 15" x 5.5" wheels a set of 205/75 R15 is best.

For the Panasport 16" x 7" wheels a set of 215/65 R16 is best.

Both are ever so slightly taller than stock.

I currently have competition upgraded springs and shocks coupled with 17 year
old
BFGoodrich 185/70 VR15 Comp TA (stock is 185/80 SR15) tires.  This of course
lowers
the car about it 0.75" and has a stiffer side wall over the stock tires. The
car handles
well, very well.  It rides like an empty dump-truck, but, it handles well.
(One advantage
to living out in the country is that twisting blacktops are just minutes away).

Your thoughts be on handling? Ride? Bang for the buck? Cost?  In the future
which size
is likely to become more rare?  Would I be losing (or gaining) much (handling,
ride) if I
went with the 205/75 R15s or the 215/65 R16s over what I am used to?

If I decide to go with the 16" wheels; does Panasport have offset choices etc.
or is there
just one configuration that will fit the TR6 (in other words --  what do I
order)?  Anything
I need to watch out for such as clearance or mounting issues with the 16"
Panasports?

God bless,

Dr. Evan Todd Yeager
The Yeager Group