Re: Hylomar for Oil Pan

To: fattr6@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Hylomar for Oil Pan
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 12:17:57 -0500
Hi Todd,

I ensured that the pan flange was nice and flat then used black RTV to
attach the gasket to the pan and block.  I'm sure that on the valve cover
I used it on the cover side only....not sure on the pan but I probably
did use it at the front sealing block and rear main seal housing.  I
usually do that because a machined surface generally seals well and it
also eases the removal of the part and re-use of the gasket if necessary.
 I applied the RTV to the parts (not too much), wiped off any excess and
let them set over night under a little weight.  No leaks after a full
season of driving.

Good luck,
Jay Welch, Abington MA
1971 TR6 project
1973 TR6 driver - wanting to "Drive it Hard"
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club" @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/