RE: differential

To: <Opntop@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: differential
From: "Neil Beesley" <neil.beesley@securesult.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:54:45 -0000
Sal,

Non-US TR5s and 6s have a 3.45 diff, which are readily available from Rimmer
Brothers. However, they do say that "on the road the difference between 3.71
and 3.45 is barely noticeable". The only other ratios I know of are 4.1 and
4.3 for racing, which is obviously going the wrong way.

Just a thought, but you might be better off sticking with the 3.71 and
getting an OD box (or 5 speed conversion) and have good acceleration and top
speed...?

Regards,

Neil
'70 TR6 PI