Re: Rollbars

To: A.Lindner@STRATEDGE.COM
Subject: Re: Rollbars
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:13:11 -0500
Hi Alan,

The picture will show you how mine fits.  I am 6 feet tall but am also
short waisted.   It is roughly the height of the windshield.  It will fit
under the vinyl top so that will give you an idea if it is the correct
rollbar.  With the top up, mine pretty much follows the lines of the
zipper for the window.

Jay Welch, Abington MA
1971 TR6 project
1973 TR6 driver - wanting to "Drive it Hard"
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club" @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:42:24 -0800 "Alan Lindner"
<A.Lindner@STRATEDGE.COM> writes:
> I received a rollbar for my TR6 from a club member.  Finally got it
> primered, painted, and installed (lift the car on jacks and remove
> both wheels).  I guy at work looked at it and said it is too short.
>
> After I sat in the car, he said that my head is about 3 inches above
>
> the top of the rollbar.
>
> Question for the group.
> What should the height of the rollbar be above the back deck?
>
> Is it roughly the height of the windshield?
>
> Thanks
> Alan

> Alan Lindner
> 72' TR6
> San Diego, CA
> a.lindner@stratedge.com

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of My
Car.jpg]