Re: more on da clutch

To: "Charlie and Linda Duckworth" <iiv000@mail.connect.more.net>,
Subject: Re: more on da clutch
From: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 16:40:39 -0700
Charlie,

Yeah, I have considered replacing the hose, I just might
order the part tomorrow. I want to check the SC pushrod
movement length first, hopefully that will tell me something.

I have only used the middle hole on the SC pushrod-to-crossshaft
linkage. I have heard that using the other holes can cause
uneven wear inside the SC. I would think that moving the
clevis pin down to the lowest hole (closest to the ground)
would increase the length of the lever arm, thus decreasing
the force required to disengage the clutch. But if it is
going to cause more wear in other areas of the system (i.e.
the SC, or something else) it's probably not worth it.

Ryan