More Amp Related Problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: More Amp Related Problems
From: DeLoera56@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:31:08 EDT
All

       Well, as long as we are talking about AMP gauge problems, here is
mine. My amp gauge on my '71 TR 6 pegs to the positive side every time the
engine revs. While driving the needle is out of sight, unless the headlights
are on. At idle the gauge is in the middle and if lights are is in the
discharge or negative side.  I am told that the alternator, which is
original, is bad and needs replacing.  Any ideas or comments as to solution
or replacement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steve
'71 TR6
CC61138