Engine bay paint and detailing

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine bay paint and detailing
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:56:16 +0000
Hello List:

As the engine of my '69 TR6 is now out of the car and is being rebuilt at a
great, local British car shop I'm bringing the car home this weekend to (at
least, for now) detail and do some painting in the engine bay.  At some
point in the car's life it must have had a battery spill as the previous
owner did some ugly painting in the battery well and surrounding bulkhead.
The sheet metal appears to be solid and not corroded or rusted from both
inside the car and in the engine bay.  I'd like to remove the old paint from
the bulkhead and respray it with spray cans prepared by my local auto paint
supply shop.

Can someone provide some paint removal, prime and spray information and
basic engine bay detailing tips?

Thanks as always for any help provided.

With best reards,
Walt Fogle