Re: PI throttle body spindles

To: "Neil Beesley" <neil.beesley@securesult.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: PI throttle body spindles
From: "Bernard Robbins, NEC New Zealand Ltd" <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 07:18:39 +1200
Hi Neil,

Yes the inlet manifolds come apart fairly easily.

I found it much easier to work on with the manifolds off the car.

The butterflies are mounted on a brass rod and held in place with two small
screws per butterfly. The butterflies locate the rod in the manifold.

Once you have taken the manifolds out, give everything a good clean. With
my ones, the years of intake gunk (oil vapour) had completely hidden the
screws.

Sound's like you may have twisted spindles, but I've never actually seen
this before.

I'd be keen to hear how you get on.

Cheers
Bernard

'71 2500 PI
'73 TR6 PI

At 15:19 5/09/2001 +0100, Neil Beesley wrote:
>Firstly, apologies to the majority of listers, this is probably irrelevant
>to you.. but - has anyone with ever changed the butterflies and spindles in
>the throttle bodies on a PI car ? Is it easy (or even possible) ?
>
>My engine has an incurably lumpy idle, and in all three throttle bodies the
>airflow through the left barrel is different from the right, to varying
>degrees..
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Neil Beesley
>'70 TR6