TR6 rocker arm

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 rocker arm
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 21:54:03 -0400
Hi all,

I had to re-adjust my valves today (due to tapping)
and noticed that the alignment screw was missing from
the rocker shaft. This screw helps align the shaft
to the rear post. I am not sure if someone (me?)
forgot to put it back in many years ago during an engine
re-build or if the darn thing came out and has gone
down into the engine.

I believe that if it has "tried" to work it's way down
into the engine, it would have a hard time passing the
push rods. sure they could wear the screw thin, but it would probably
show wear and possible damage to the push rods...right?

also, my other question is...how bad is it to drive w/o this screw
in place (until i can order one...if even available)?

thanks!

james
'76 tr6