TR6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6
From: "Hansen, Hans C, III (Red), BMSLS" <rhansen@ATT.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:03:55 -0400
Fellow LisTRs -
I went to start my very-little-used (15 miles this summer!) 1974 TR6 the
other day. the battery was dead. I trickled charged it for about 2-3 hours.
No difference, completely dead. OK. I tried to jump start it from my Chevy
Blazer. Still completely dead BUT the alternator began to pore forth smoke!
OK, a mechanic last Fall told me that some of my (undefined) wires under the
dash were hot to the touch. The car started and drove great earlier this
Spring and Summer.
So what do I have? Yes, I'll check or have the wiring check. But, what about
the alternator? Looks like a definite rebuild? Don't worry about it, they do
that a lot? Trash it and buy a new one?
I'm no mechanic and even less an electrician. Any help you can offer is
grateful!
Thanks,
Red Hansen
860-679-5828
P.S. Anyone want to buy a 1974 TR6 with electrical problems?