Re: Found Trunk light switch - f/u question

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Found Trunk light switch - f/u question
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:19:49 -0700 (PDT)
Dan, James, and others---I've lowered my batting average substantially
in the last week or so. First the MSD dwell thingy, then the trunk light
circuit model differences, and then the positioning of the lower
steering shaft. I'm not entirely convinced on the last one. Yet.

There are at least four sources that show the lower shaft to have a
partial flat machined across it for positioning the pinch bolt screw
thru the yoke.     Illustrations in the Big Three Catalogues, plus
Bentley's manual do not show a continuous relief here for a pinch bolt.
Not that these sources never made an error, but till I pull this shaft
on my own car, I will leave this door open to what may have taken place
with different models.

I DO enjoy this type of exchange. It can only lead to a better
understanding of these cars.

Dick T.
'73