RE: electonic ignition

To: "'Ben Heller'" <ben.heller@gses.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: electonic ignition
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:23:43 -0400
I switched my 72 TR6 over to a Crame Cams XR-700 a couple of years ago
during reconstruction. The fitting was fairly simple with putting the
ballast resistor on the flip side of where the hazard relay goes and the
gold box on the wheel fender wall below the MC. The results have been great
so far. Very very even spark and nice short startups. Better firing through
whole RPM range.

I don't know what the difference is in performance between the CC system
with its external control box and the Ignitor which is a little HAL effect
job simply replacing the points. I would imagine that the Ignitor simply
gives even firing but does not increase sparking power etc. I definitely
felt the overall difference and am very glad I made the effort to put in a
decent unit. I just can't say how much of the improvement is even firing and
how much is hotter coil et al.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6