RE: TR Aluminum Brake Drums - PICTURES

To: "mitch" <tristatelining@isoc.net>
Subject: RE: TR Aluminum Brake Drums - PICTURES
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:46:25 -0700
Mitch,

I don't sell them - I bought mine retail for $70.00 each plus shipping.  It
is popular to take Datsun 240Z aluminum drums and machine the center bore
and rear "lip" so they can be used on a Triumph.  They work very well and
are lighter than the stock cast iron TR item.  The problem is finding a good
set for a reasonable cost (junk yards are iffy, Nissan wants $90+ each for
new ones) and then you must pay additional $$$ to re-machine them so they
fit a TR.  Autospecialty (a TRW company) has decided to offer the 240Z drum
"pre-machined" for use on a Triumph.  As a point of fact, Autospecialty is
discontinuing the cast iron TR drums and will offer only these replacements.
I have surfed the web and one can buy them for between $70-80 each.  I
offered this info to the lists and subsequently somebody asked if I had a
picture of them.  I took a couple of shots and posted them on my web space.
I have no affiliation with Autospecialty.  I bought a set of the drums and
they fit great.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA