head gasket

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: head gasket
From: "mitch" <tristatelining@isoc.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:54:20 -0400
i'm installing my head tonight, uhhh maybe lol.
i have a 73 tr6. i told rimmer i had the later head and gave them my engine #
CF529UE
they sent me a gasket without the tab, mine had a tab.
the catalog says up to CP75000 is a non recessed bore and takes the gasket
they sent me without the tab.
if you look at the cylinders, you have you pistons and an area 1/8 of an inch
around each piston on the top of the block thats a bit recessed. if theres any
experrts out there i'd appreciate your input. i think it's the right gasket
but don't know why my old one had that tab?
thanks, mitch