Re: Charging system on TR250

To: "Peter Macholdt" <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Charging system on TR250
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:32:51 -0400
Peter,

It sounds as though you have a healthy alternator. The TR250 unit puts
out JUST enough to power all your accessories.

A battery with an internal short will suck all the power from your
alternator and yes, the car will die.

FWIW, my past experience with the 250 has also led me to advocate
keeping your fusebox in A-1 condition. BTW, corrosion can form behind
the terminals, so just cleaning or beadblasting may not cure a problem
here.

Jim