Rebuilding ZS Carbs....

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rebuilding ZS Carbs....
From: "Ken Davis" <kenjdavis@home.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:19:12 -0700
Hi List,

my ol' 73 runs pretty well, but is probably overdue for a tune-up and
carb rebuild.  The rearmost one evidently has a leak in the oil
dashpot; it requires a refill every 2-3 days.  the other, about every
3 weeks.

As they probably haven't been touched in years (idle, garaged for 8 of
them), I figure it's time to remove clean, repair/replace and rebuild.
I've been going thru the big 3's catalogs and I notice that there are
2 levels of carb rebuild kits.  I assume the more expensive is for the
additional bits it contains, does it contain the dashpot seals or are
those extra items I should order.

Also, given it's age, are there other items I'm likely to findas i
work it?  any hints on things I will/might/maybe need will be most
welcome.  This is prime driving time, and i don't want it down for
more than a weekend.

Thanks!

Ken
South San Francisco