body shell

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: body shell
From: "Dan H. Detweiler" <dandet@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:12:27 -0500
Good morning folks,

I have found a '75 TR6 shell for sale at a very reasonable price. The shell on
my '70 TR6 has many panels that are shot. (Floor pans, rockers, spare tire
area, etc.,etc.) This '75 shell would save me a lot of time and money. My
question for all of you knowledgable folks is about any differences in the
shells I need to know about. I know that the bumper placement was different in
'70. I think there are some cable and wire routing that is different coming
through the firewall. My biggest concern is the difference in the emissions
equipment between the two model years. My '70 has the evaporative loss tank on
the interior right rear fender. I know that in '75 they were using other
emissions equipment and did not use the tank. My question for you is did they
change the dye for the shell to not incorporate the tank? Is it there and just
not beeing used? If it is not on the '75 shell, can I remove the tank that is
on my '70 and install it on the '75 shell? How difficult would this process
be? I would like to keep it as original as possible.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks,
Dan H. Detweiler
'70 TR6
#CC 51639