Re: Control Knobs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Control Knobs
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 13:01:23 -0800 (PST)
Dan,

Don't feel stupid, the guys who wrote the Bentley manual are the ones
with some troubles.  The directions aren't very clear.  The control
knobs slide onto a hexagonal shaft with a small spring loaded nub at
the end which engages the plastic control knob once it is installed.
You must "depress" this small nub in order to pull the control knob
off.  To do this, use a thin phillips head screwdriver inserted into
the hole in the control knob (behind the main square head of the knob
and underneath, out of view and hard to find of course!) into which the
nub is engaged.  Push on the nub with the screwdriver while pulling on
the control knob.  Voila!

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6