Fender Mounts

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fender Mounts
From: "Dan H. Detweiler" <dandet@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 10:44:15 -0500
Hi to All and Happy New Year!

I hope the new year finds everyone in good spirits and not too hung over!
Let me preface this with the fact that I am very new to the Triumph
restoration scene. Actually I have had the car (1970 TR6) about a week. I am
in the process of removing the fenders, hood, trunk etc. to get down to the
frame. I had no problem removing the passenger side front fender, but on the
drivers side have run into a snag. I removed the 8 screws in the engine bay,
the three that connect to the front valance, the one that connects near the
windshield and the ones under the car behind the tire. The fender still won't
come off. Something seems to be hung near the A post. Any thoughts as to what
I am missing. Also, any help in the area of removing frozen bolts. I have
soaked with WD40 for two days, no luck.
One more question and pardon my ignorance. What exactly should I be removing
before I get to the stuff that is welded together on the chasis. In other
words, how much of this car is bolted on and how much is welded together.
(Actually, on this car I think there is more held together by rust than by
welds.) I am not sure where I should stop before thinking about removing the
body mount bolts and lifting what is left off the car. Once again I thank you
in advance for your help.

Dan H. Detweiler
"70 TR6 #CC51639