Frame Work!!!!

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frame Work!!!!
From: "Timothy J. Boesken" <tboesken@one.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:29:20 -0500
I posted this about two weeks ago without any response but I'll try again.

I would like some input on the best way to clean and preserve the frame on
my 6 without doing a frame-off.  What is the best method of cleaning it and
removing old oil and grease?  Is a wire brush the only way?  Will a grinder
with a wire brush be O.K. to use or do more harm than good?  Is there a
cleaner I can use?  Has anyone used a rust converter call OSHPO and what do
you think about it, I have a friend restoring a Chevy II who swears by it.

Once I've got it clean, how do I protect it.  What coating and or paint
should I use.

Maybe these seem like pretty basic or even stupid questions but I would
really like some input.  I'm a big believer in the OPM (Other Peoples
Mistakes) method of learning.

Tim
'73TR6