Re: Insurance

To: Ken Owens <kenowens@mindspring.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: Jeff Johnson <76TR6@flashcom.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:44:03 -0500
Ken:

Great American is a decent insurance company. I used to sell for them.
I have Cincinnati Ins. for my carrier and they wrote an agreed value policy
for $8,000 at an annual premium of under $200. w/ 100/300/100 liability
cover. Of course they get a lot of money from me on my other cars, and
house, and bikes, etc.
Haggerty is also a company that writes a lot of  classic car ins.  Make
sure you ask for agreed value and make sure that you read the fine print
regarding use of the vehicle. Some policies restrict your use to parades,
shows, etc. Not much use for a car you might like to drive daily.
In order to get an agreed value policy, you''ll need to get photos and
usually an appraisal.
Stated value policies mean that they can depreciate the value of the car ,
again not of much value when you own a classic car that is difficult to
repair or replace. State Farm and Safeco will oft times write agreed value
covers if they insure all your other stuff and you appear to be an
upstanding citizen.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6
original owner