Re: Repainting

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Repainting
From: Trsx69@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:23:47 EST
In a message dated 11/28/00 8:00:09 PM, forzion@maine.rr.com writes:

<< Valerie;

Your last e-mail included the statement:

"It had been repainted by a PO to a dark charcoal metallic grey, which,
although was not the original pimento, was an excellent paint job, and I
could live with the color."

I'm planning on repainting my '74 early this spring. It's a color #72
(Pimento). I wanted to get it repainted to a dark blue but several
friends have told me it will negatively affect the resale. What do you
think listers, does repainting a different color (even if the engine bay
is done also) from original hurt the resale? I think a quality job with
quality paint and workmanship should outweigh any negatives. What do you
think?

Dave Friedlander
CF25194U

Dave,
I am sure that I speak for many listers when I say, we don't restore these
cars with the thought of RESALE in mind, but if that is your pleasure, then
stick to original paint, sure YOU like tyhe new color, but try to find
another with your same taste will be hard, no matter how nice the paint job
is.  Just my 2 cents.

Jim Holewka
1972 TR6 owned for 20 years
1969 TR6 owned for 6 years
1977 TR7 V8 Coupe (now wrecked, but still owned 10 years)
1980 TR7 (soon to receive above V8 transplant) owned 3 months
1980 TR7 (wifes 7, owned for 2 years)
What can I say, it's in the blood