Euro-TR6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Euro-TR6
From: ingate@horizon.com
Date: 29 Sep 2000 21:51:40 -0000
All,

Some of you will recognize me for my lust for hot-rodded
TRs; not the Barris et al approach to modifying American
cars, but the race-track look favoured by our European cousins.

I found an interesting picture of such a TR6 (see the
pic at www.geocities.com/hottr6/triumph/images/eurotr6.jpg).
The headlights with a slight touch of hepatitis give it away
as being European, but what picqued my interest was the use
of Lucas dome lamps for the running and indicator lights.

Looking further we see that the front bumper has also been
completely altered, having been cut into rwo corner bumpers,
echoing the scimitar bumpers on the early E-types and DeTomaso
Panteras.  Has anyone ever tried this kind of modification?
It looks like he may have started out with a 1974 bumper,
cut it along the line left by the rubber bumpers, but how he
finished off the end caps is beyond me.  Any ideas folks?

The car has obviously been lowered and appears to have a very
pale-coloured upholstery, indicating that this is one man's
interpretation of his favoured steed.

I like this car!

Shane Ingate
Melbourne, FL